At Northwest Community College, our core values are guiding principles to help us make decisions and determine priorities in our day-to-day work.
We explore and take risks to engage in learning.
We live adventure when we:
- Explore new ways to move courses into the field
- Help people on their journeys to new careers
- Seek out and implement new approaches and pedagogy
- Seek new ways to engage existing and potential partners in education
- Make education accessible, regardless of geographic challenges
We enrich lives through learning.
We live transformation when we:
- Include experiential learning in our programming
- Transform learning spaces to respond to the evolving educational landscape
- Help people improve their lives, families, and communities through education
- Help people to discover new career opportunities
- Recognize how alumni have transformed their lives
- Take education to our communities
- Embed education in a cultural context
We are respectful, transparent, accountable, and inclusive.
We live integrity when we:
- Do the right things – even if they are not always popular
- Communicate our intentions with clarity
- Are consistent and accountable in everything we do
- Discuss our plans openly
- Stick to our course decisions
- Practice social, environmental, and financial sustainability
Our Core Purpose
We create adventurous pathways to transform lives.
By 2027, we will be the college of choice for experiential, place-based learning.
* Big Hairy Audacious Goal