(subject to enrolment)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Smithers campus, invites applications for an term Instructor in the Career & College Preparation (CCP) program. This position will include 60 hours of instruction commencing January 2, 2018 and ending March 31, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Facilitate project-based writing and learning for students in CCP English fundamental to Provincial levels (instructor-led) and complete the related administrative, record keeping and monitoring activities. The schedule for this class is Wednesdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- A Bachelor's degree in a directly related discipline (i.e.: Education, English)
- A Provincial Teaching Certificate or a Provincial Instructor's Diploma preferred
- A Master’s Degree in Adult Education or teaching related to MA or MSc preferred
- Teaching experience in an Adult Basic Education / Career and College Prep program (preference will be given to those with experience teaching Advanced/Provincial levels)
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.246B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.