Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, discover a new hobby, advance in your career or start a new one, NWCC's Workforce Training & Contract Services (WTCS) department offers a wide range of courses, certificates and lecture series to meet your needs.
Check out our WTCS Courses in the following areas of study:
- Career & Professional Development
- Computer Skills
- First Aid, Health & Safety
- Gatlin Education
- General Interest
- Outdoor Recreation & Safety
- Service & Hospitality
- Workforce & Industry Training
NWCC training can also be customized to your needs. Whether you or your business are looking for a course the department already offers, or one specific to your work place, we can work with you to create a training solution through contract training. Courses can be delivered in your community, on your job site, or in our classrooms.
Learn more about courses and training offered through NWCC's School of Exploration & Mining.
Mobile training units make it possible for NWCC to train students and workers directly in their home communities and on job sites. This saves students, workers and industry time and money as it eliminates the need to travel.
All of NWCC's mobile units are available through contract training.
Mobile Safety Training Unit
The Mobile Safety Training Unit van is fully equipped to deliver health, safety, first aid, workforce and industry training courses such as Occupational First Aid Level 1, Transportation Endorsement, WHMIS, Bear Awareness, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and much more!
Mobile Computer Skills Training Unit
NWCC's WTCS department is looking to create a mobile lab to accommodate off-campus computer skills training. The Mobile Computer Skills Training Unit would offer a variety of courses such as Microsoft Office programs, Computer Camps for Elders, Webpage Design, Social Networking and much more!
If your community or organization would benefit from mobile computer skills training, contact Sue-Ann Norton at 1.877.277.2288 Ext. 5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Labour Market Programming
Labour Market programs are focused on preparing individuals for entry-level employment in industries or occupations that are experiencing or are projected to experience labour or skills shortages.
Learn more about our tuition-free, group-based training for unemployed individuals who need to upgrade their skills in order to get employed and view our current programs.
Certified Training Agency
NWCC's WTCS department is a training agency for:
- BC Construction Safety Alliance (Traffic Control Flagging)
- Danatec (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
- Enform (H2S Alive, Chainsaw Safety)
- Go2HR (Serving It Right)
- ICBC (Airbrakes Endorsement, Driver Training)
- IVES (Forklift Certification)
- BC Ministry of Health (FoodSafe)
- Ministry of Tourism, Trade & Investment (WorldHost)
- Canadian Red Cross (Babysitter training, CPR Level 'C', Childcare First Aid & CPR, Marine Basic First Aid, Oxygen Therapy, Standard First Aid, Wilderness and Remote First Aid & CPR)
- Transport Canada (Marine Training)
- WorkSafeBC (WorkSafe Safety Modules, WHMIS, Occupational First Aid)
Please note the information listed on our website and in the WTCS Program Guide is subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, go to NWConnect.