At NWCC it is the student's responsibility to officially withdraw from classes. Withdrawals can be submitted:
- Online through NW Connect or
- Submit a completed Change/Withdrawal form [PDF] to the Registration department at any NWCC campus location.
- Unpaid library fines and other amounts owing to Northwest Community College are deducted from the refund.
- The commitment fee (the deposit paid to save a seat in a class or program) is non-refundable.
- Students required to withdraw due to violation of the Student Code of Conduct Policy are not entitled to any refund.
Refunds of Tuition and Fees
The refund amount is calculated based upon the date of official withdrawal from the course or program. This can be done online through NW Connect (prior to the first day of class) or by submitting a completed change/withdrawal form to the registration desk at your local campus.
1. General Programs/Courses (1 month or longer in duration)
|Prior to the start of class/program||100% refund less commitment fee and application fee|
|Less than 10 business days after class/program starts||80% refund or $100 (whichever is greater and including the application fee)|
|10 business days or more into class/program||No refund|
|Note for International applicants: first-term tuition is non-refundable unless a study permit is denied.|
2. Short General Programs/Courses, Less than 1 month in duration (Some exceptions apply)
|Prior to the start of class/program||100% refund less commitment fee|
|First day of class/program||80% refund or $100 (whichever is greater)|
|After first day of class/program||No refund|
3. Workforce Training & Contract Services (WTCS) Programs/Courses
|Withdrawal of 7 days or more before the start of class||100% refund less a $10 administration fee|
|Withdrawal of between 3 and 7 days before the start of class||50% refund|
|Withdrawal of less than 3 days before the start of class||No refund|
How to Withdraw
- Complete and submit a Change/Withdrawal form [PDF]
This form must be completed for all courses dropped. You may withdraw from a course(s) and will receive a "W" grade until the last official day of withdrawal. The last official day of withdrawal is posted on the Important Academic Dates. A completed change/withdrawal from must be received by the Registrar or Campus Registration by the deadline date. A "W" grade will then be assigned by the Registrar for the course(s).
Full refunds will only be granted if the College cancels a course or if a student withdraws from a course for documented medical or bereavement reasons before the course starts.The decision to offer a refund for medical or bereavement reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.