This 30 hour course is designed to refresh basic English and academic writing skills for mature learners targeting successfully completion of academic programs. This course is a no credit course and will operate for 2 weeks at 15 hours a week (3 hours a day, 5 days a week).
Terrace Campus | August 22 - September 2, 2016
Monday - Friday | 9am - 12pm
Learning Outcomes for this course:
- Develop and apply strategies for comprehending written and oral material, including academic material
- Author documents (email, summary, reports) using correct structure, grammar, and punctuation
- Apply basic research strategies, including using the library, searching the internet, and evaluating sources in support of academic arguments.
- Demonstrate written tasks with an overall sense of purpose and control where Ideas are clearly presented and developed.
- Support concepts with relevant details and examples, including researched materials.
- Demonstrate the appropriate structure, logic, and components of an academic essay
- Demonstrate suitable time management, organization, communication, and study skills to prepare for successful presentations and course completion.