The English Pathway Program offers students whose IELTS score is between 5.0 and 6.0 the opportunity to improve their language and study skills in preparation for full entry into the NWCC department of their choice: Trades, Business, or University Credit programs.
By the end of the 14-week study period, learners will be able to:
- Read first-year level textbooks, both online and in print, to note key concepts and strengthen content knowledge
- Draft and revise first-year level written assignments
- Listen to lecture material and take notes in an effective manner
- Plan and deliver researched, engaging presentations at a first-year college level
- Effectively engage in group work on a variety of assignments
- Describe the expectations of the Canadian classroom and course assignments and assessments
- Identify breaches of academic integrity and demonstrate the skills required to avoid these
Students must achieve an overall course assessment of 75%.
Price: $2999 (for international students)
Course Number: CELANG 717