Study abroad in Finland. Start at NWCC and complete your degree at Lapland University of Applied Sciences.
Northwest Community College has partnered with Lapland University of Applied Sciences to offer a reciprocal admissions pathway.
The University, which is located further north than Whitehorse, is an international leader in Arctic courses and programs. The main campus is located in Rovaniemi, Finland. The town is about the same size as Terrace and bills itself as the official hometown of Santa Claus.
Lapland University provides pathways in Business, Arts, Science, Engineering and Fine Arts.
Complete one of the following two-year programs at NWCC and transfer to Lapland to finish your Bachelor’s Degree in as little as 1 year:
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Associate of Science Degree
- Business Administration Diploma
- First Nations Fine Arts Diploma
Or, complete your first-year of pre-engineering at NWCC and transfer to Lapland to finish your Engineering Degree in 3 years:
Did you know?
Tuition for the university is 8,000 Euros per year. As per terms of the agreement, Lapland University will reimburse 60 per cent of tuition fees upon success completion of your studies.
Students from Lapland who have completed the first year of their program are invited to study abroad at NWCC to gain transfer credits in Business, Arts, Engineering and Science.
In order to be guaranteed admission you must meet the following criteria:
- Apply direct to Lapland University of Applied Sciences.
- Submit transcripts demonstrating successful completion of an Associate’s Degree in Arts or Science, Business Administration Diploma, First Nations Fine Arts Diploma or first year pre-engineering courses.
- Obtain a student visa and demonstrate proof of obtaining adequate medical insurance.
Note that your complete duration of studies is dependent on your individual study plan. For more information, please discuss with an Educational Advisor