Our program allows you to complete your adult dogwood, prepare for future career opportunities, improve grades on courses you have already finished, and complete prerequisites for post-secondary programs at NWCC and beyond. We offer a friendly learning environment with flexible course schedules.
Plus, you can earn certificates along the way:
- Fundamental CCP
- Intermediate CCP
- Advanced CCP
- Diploma-level CCP
The fourth level earns you a BC Adult Graduation Diploma (Adult Dogwood).
In order to find out where your learning journey starts, please contact an Educational Advisor.
You can take courses part-time or full-time. You will learn in a one-on-one, self-paced, or group-lecture format, depending on the courses you sign up for. There are some distance and online options. Some courses may not be available at all campuses.
Below is a list of the courses we offer, and at the bottom of this webpage, the tuition options that are available.
CCP Fundamental Level
- ENGL 010: Fundamental English
- EDCP 020: Fundamental Education and Career Planning
- CPST 020: Fundamental Computer Studies
- CPST 021: Artists Computer Studies
- ENGL 020: Fundamental English
- ENGL 021: Fundamental English
- ENGL 022: Fundamental English
- ENGL 023: Fundamental English
- ENGL 024: Fundamental English
- ENGL 025: Fundamental English
- ENGL 026: Fundamental English
- MATH 023: Fundamental Math
- MATH 024: Fundamental Math
- MATH 025: Fundamental Math
- MATH 026: Fundamental Math
- SCIE 020: Fundamental Science
- SKDV 010: Cognitive Learning Skills Development I
- SKDV 012: Cognitive Learning Skills Development II
- SKDV 020: Perceptual Skills Development I
- SKDV 022: Perceptual Skills Development II
The Fundamental Certificate requires completion of both ENGL 026 and MATH 026, or completion of ENGL 026 or MATH 026 and placement at a higher level in the other course.
CCP Intermediate Level (Grade 10)
- CPST 030: Intermediate Computer Studies
- CPST 0301: Culinary Arts Computer Studies
- CPST 031: Artists Computer Studies
- EDCP 030: Intermediate Education and Career Planning
- ENGL 030: Intermediate English
- ENGL 032: English for Trades
- ENGL 0351: Culinary Arts English
- FNST 033: Intermediate First Nations Studies – Introduction to Aboriginal Health Care (Health Access)
- MATH 0301/0302: Intermediate Math
- MATH 032: Math for Trades
- MATH 033: Intermediate Math (Health Access)
- MATH 091: Cook Training Math (Not eligible for Math requirement for Intermediate Level Certificate)
- SCIE 030: Intermediate Science
- SCIE 033: Intermediate Science (Health Access)
- SOSC 035: Intermediate Social Science-Tourism
The Intermediate Certificate requires completion of English and a Math, plus two of the following courses at the Intermediate Level: Science; Social Science; Education and Career Planning or Computer Studies.
CCP Advanced Level (Grade 11)
- BIOL 040: Advanced Biology
- CHEM 040 or 0401/0402: Advanced Chemistry
- CPST 040: Advanced Computer Studies
- CPST 0401: Culinary Arts Advanced Computer Studies
- ENGL 040: Advanced English
- ENGL 043: Advanced English (Health Access)
- ENGL 045: Advanced English for Careers
- ENGL 0451: Culinary Arts Advanced English
- MATH 0401/0402: Advanced Math
- MATH 041: Mathematics of Business
- MATH 043: Advanced Math (Health Access)
- MATH 046: Advanced Business/Technical Math
- PHYS 040: Advanced Physics
- SOSC 040: Advanced Social Sciences
The Advanced Certificate requires completion of an English, a Math, a Science or Computer Science or Computer Studies plus one option at the Advanced Level or higher.
CCP Provincial Level (Grade 12)
- BIOL 050 or 0501/0502: Provincial Human Biology
- CHEM 050: Provincial Chemistry
- CPST 050: Provincial Computer Studies
- EDCP 050: Education and Career Planning
- ENGL 050: Provincial English
- ENGL 053: Provincial English (Health Access)
- ENGL 055: Provincial Technical English
- ENGL 056: Provincial Essential English
- FNST 050: Provincial First Nations Studies (plus Online delivery option)
- GEOG 050: Provincial Geography
- MATH 0501/0502: Provincial Math
- MATH 053: Provincial Level Calculus
The BC Adult Graduation Diploma “Adult Dogwood” requires Provincial Level English or higher, Advanced Level Mathematics or higher, three additional courses at the Provincial Level or higher, or, Advanced Social Sciences and two Provincial or higher courses.
For entry into CCP, you need to:
- be at least 18 years of age, OR
- have already earned Grade 12 standing, OR
- be 17 years of age and out of public school for at least one year, OR
- have a written recommendation from a local high school principal; AND
- meet with an NWCC Educational Advisor to decide the best courses for you.
The number of spaces available to students under 18 is limited. If you are under 18 years old and interested in learning with us at NWCC in CCP, please contact an Educational Advisor.
Instructors can give permission for you to join a course even if you do not meet the course prerequisites and/or do not attain the required score or grade. See Admission & Registration for details on this policy.
CCP runs from September until April, and during the spring/summer at some campuses. You can join at any time if space is available in the classes you are interested in.
Classes are held in:
- Prince Rupert
The Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) provides assistance for eligible CCP students. Assistance may include payment of fees plus transportation, textbook and supply costs.
There may also be bursaries and scholarships available to you.
We offer tuition rates based on how many hours you will be in class. How many hours you are in class depends on when you can attend classes and which classes you want to attend. Tuition is billed based on the week.
|Hours per week||Tuition and Fees per week||Tuition and Fees per 15 week semester|
Fees are effective as of August 2016
**Please note that these are approximate costs and may vary depending on courses taken.
You may be able to apply for help to pay your fees. Please come to the college and ask an advisor about financial assistance or funding that may be available.
Books may be available in the library or may be purchased second hand.