Immerse yourself in the rich and amazing Gitxsan culture and history while learning the preparation of smoked salmon and weaving of cedar in an outdoor classroom.
The People of the Skeena Field School will take place in the Terrace area where you will visit the Gitxsan Eagle Clan’s fishing site of Guxts’eliksit. At this Language Preservation and Culture Camp, students will be hosted by Skaỳan (Anita Davis), Hereditary Chief/Matriarch, and other Eagle Chiefs/Elders.
Course | 3 credits:
- ANTH 203 - Northern Nations of the Northwest Coast
For more information about the People of the Skeena Field School, please contact the instructor:
Phone: 250.635.6511 Ext: 5235
View our complete galleries on Facebook:
- Successful admission to the University Credit Program
- Meet all individual course pre-requisites
- Permission of the Instructor
Visit the Field School Registration page for information on how to apply.
Please check back for an upcoming schedule of dates and locations.
Past dates and locations:
August 8-13, 2017
- Gitxsan Territory along the Ksyen (Skeena) River
- Guxts’eliksit Language & Culture Camp
- Terrace Campus