Help develop and host special events and activities for NWCC students. Our Leaders in Action volunteers assist with on-campus events and in planning and organizing a variety of social, sporting and cultural activities.
Leaders in Action volunteers receive training and orientation to gain valuable skills to support NWCC Student Engagement.
This opportunity is open to all NWCC students enrolled in University Credit, CCP, Trades or Diploma programs.
- Participate in a committee to plan off-campus events for students including lunches at restaurants, cultural events, and excursions to local attractions
- Lead campus tours and assist at orientation sessions
- Assist at on-campus cultural and special events
In appreciation of their contributions each Leader in Action volunteer is presented with a reference letter and a Statement of Achievement at the completion of his/her time in the program. Other incentives may be awarded to exceptional volunteers!
- feel great about helping others
- meet new people
- experience new things
- develop new skills
All selected volunteers are enthusiastic, outgoing, and trained by the NWCC Student Services team.
In addition, all volunteers must:
- Be full-time students at NWCC during the academic year (Sept - April)
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 10 hours per semester
- Commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 semesters
Manager Student Engagement
Student Services Centre
Office: Room 103J - Spruce Building